Bomen Women & The Fellowship of the Cloth

Bomen Women & The Fellowship of the Cloth
Cloth connections open face to face fellowship at Bondeko Mennonite Church in Kinshasa (May 2012) -- photo by Nancy Myers

Friday, June 17, 2011

THE DRESS -- Part 3

Remember, Suzanne had the audacity to ask to buy young Monique's practice dress. The Mama's thought that was totally unacceptable. Read what happened next:

Last week Marie-Jeanne and Gaston came to the office to pay for Gaston's plane ticket.

Marie-Jeanne brought me a dress she had made for me. It is well made of bright, stiff new cloth, gorgeous colors, big and baggy like I like. I hugged and kissed Marie-Jeanne and we joked a bit about my strange request to buy a dress made of used material from Monique at the Bomen workshop.

Inside I felt awkward, wondering if she wanted me to pay for it. I put the dress on over the dress I was wearing and pranced about the office, showing off to others who were there.

It is a beautiful dress and a lovely gift and a good lesson for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment