Bomen Women & The Fellowship of the Cloth

Bomen Women & The Fellowship of the Cloth
Cloth connections open face to face fellowship at Bondeko Mennonite Church in Kinshasa (May 2012) -- photo by Nancy Myers

Wednesday, June 8, 2011

And Stateside...a dress of Congo cloth

Lois Hess Nofziger choose her Congo cloth at the "market" at Central District Conference meetings in June of 2010. Look what she made!

IF YOU HAVE A CONGO CLOTH PROJECT TO SHARE, PLEASE SEND A PHOTO AND YOUR REFLECTIONS TO ninalblanctot@msn.com. PEACE, NINA


Here is a picture of me in the dress I made standing by our garden gate. 
The experience of making a dress with this fabric from the

Congo left me with a sense of satisfaction.
I had not had a sewing
project like this for sometime.
I may get inspired to try another one
again soon.

This is June and the garden behind me is growing well.
Perhaps the enjoyment of growing food and flowers is also an experience
shared with the women of Congo?
Thanks for the project of Congo cloth and relationship building. Lois

No comments:

Post a Comment