Bomen Women & The Fellowship of the Cloth

Bomen Women & The Fellowship of the Cloth
Cloth connections open face to face fellowship at Bondeko Mennonite Church in Kinshasa (May 2012) -- photo by Nancy Myers

Thursday, May 26, 2011

Meet Tshidinda Tina

We continue with interviews with the women Suzanne Lind met at the BOMEN Sewing Center in Kinshasa. Here experienced seamstresses teach young single mothers the skills of sewing.


My name is Tshidinda Tina. A friend of mine goes to
Bondeko Mennonite Church and told Mama Marie-Jeanne about me.


I am very glad they invited me to learn sewing here at Bomen. I have a baby but no husband. I want to learn to sew so that I can raise my child properly and not become a beggar.

I have only been here for one week. My project is to make a small blouse with this red and yellow cloth.



No comments:

Post a Comment