Bomen Women & The Fellowship of the Cloth

Bomen Women & The Fellowship of the Cloth
Cloth connections open face to face fellowship at Bondeko Mennonite Church in Kinshasa (May 2012) -- photo by Nancy Myers

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Meet Monique Bapa -- BOMEN Sewing Group



I am Monique Bapa (In Congo we say our last name first: Bapa Monique).

I am a member of the Bondeko Mennonite Church. I had a baby but I don't have anyone to help me support the child. Mama Marie-Jeanne said I could come to the Bomen Workshop and learn to be a seamstress.


I have been here for one month. My training will last three months. When I finish my training I hope to sew at home so that I can help to support my baby, my brother and sister and myself. My family can't afford to send me to school so now I will have a way to take care of myself.


The project I am working on now is a dress made of different pieces of cloth.

No comments:

Post a Comment